BaileyKouwenhoven

The Ritual
Adam Nevill
John Brockman

Changing it up a bit!

What Should We Be Worried About?: The Hidden Threats Nobody Is Talking about (and False Fears Everyone Is Distracted By) - John Brockman

I started this book and it is incredibly interesting.  I am enjoying all of the different scenarios that these scientists are choosing to include in this book.  I have never really read a novel that is comprised of different authors all edited together and I really enjoy how there is really no specific order that the book needs to be read in.  It is just interesting to change up my reading to something this different once in a while.  My favorite scenario Or chapter that I have read so far is Science By (Social) Media by Michael I. Norton. The chapter is about how more and more people are getting their scientific information from media such as Twitter or Facebook.  I find this extremely relevant because I find myself doing this all the time and then not checking my sources.   Something that I find amazing is that 25 percent of media-covered science stories  do not appear in any science journals.  He ends the chapter with "This 'science by (social) media' raises the curious possibility of a general public that reads more and more science while becoming less and less scientifically literate."  I love this quote because it is important that people know what is real science versus what is fake.  I can't wait to read more of the chapters and learn more about concerning things that scientists fret about!